Tandazani Chipato
Tandazani Chipato,
Experience:  paralegal at Jemek Solicitors Limited
105373818

I applied for British citizenship online. After submitting

I applied for British citizenship online. After submitting my biometrics in Jun2021 I realised there was a mistake in the application form. I provided incorrect 'from and to dates for previous address history. What should I do, shall I write a letter to home to explain this? If yes which email and mailing address I need?

Hi , I'm TLC and I am glad to assist you. I understand your situation. People do make mistakes. You don't need to worry much.

You can simply write a cover letter addressing the mistake on the form. Provide the Home Office with the correct order of the dates and any other issue you want to address that you could not explain in detail on the application form. Make sure you place your application reference number on the subject before you start your cover letter.

Have you booked an appointment to submit your support documents  yet? The Home Office may not make a decision without receiving support documents as long as you can make it for your appointment to verify your support documents.

You can submit your cover letter together with your support documents at your appointment. Make sure you do not miss your appointment.

I wish you all the best of luck in your application. Please could you provide a positive rating on my response to your query.

Yours sincerely

TLCLEGAL

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for quick reply. Actually I already have submitted documents in June along with my biometrics appointment as I mentioned in my original query. So is it okay to send the cover letter now? If yes then which email address and/or mailing address I should send it?

Hi my apologies. I had not realised that you had already submitted your biometrics. All the same, you can still write a cover letter addressing the mistake and post it , signed for recorded delivery to the Home Office Address given on your downloaded application form. You should send the letter immediately before a decision is made.

I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely

TLCLEGAL

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, thanks for your help. Actually I applied online and there was no address on that application form hence not sure where to send
The address is a follows:
Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
I wish you all the best in your application.
Please could you place a positive rating on my response to your query.Yours sincerely,TLCLEGAL
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you sooo sooo much. Will do
You are welcome!