Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am a dual citizen with US and Italy and have 2 passports.

Customer Question

I am a dual citizen with US and Italy and have 2 passports. I am awaiting visa processing for a student visa in my US passport. I was wondering if it is legal to enter the UK with my Italian passport (as a visitor) instead of my US one since it is taking longer than expected to process. Does the home office look people up by their passport numbers during visa processing, not name? Do you know if they would even be able to know if I’m there if I enter with this other passport?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 19 days ago.

Further to your question, legally you are not allowed to enter the UK whilst you have a pending application for Entry Clearance..

Kindly note that the Home Office do not publish their security matters and how they process people at the borders.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for your help! Another lawyer on this site said that it is not illegal to enter with a different passport while my visa is processing. Is that not true in your opinion?

Kindly note the home office rules state that you cannot enter the UK whilist you have a pending application. I can only advise you as per the immigration rules.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you. Do you know if I’m allowed to enter once I submit a visa application cancellation request ?

Kindly note if you do not have a pending application you can travel.