How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2180
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My family and I came came back home to Nigeria from the Uk

Customer Question

My family and I came came back home to Nigeria from the Uk for holiday/ my husbands mum birthday
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: And my husband seized our passport claiming it is missing and preventing us from coming back the baby was
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: my infant is British him and his dad but I’m Nigeria on spouse visa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t know what else the want to know but I can answer any questions
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

If your relationship has broken down with your partner you can apply on the basis of your British child as he has seized your passport.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please what advice will you give me and my infant in this situation
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

When is your visa your expiring?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

You should also report to the police that your passport has been seized so you are able to get a new one.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Apply what I don’t understand
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I not get a pass to go back with the baby anytime soon the baby has been sick cause of change of environment and we have not seen his father for days
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My visa is expiring next year February
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

You would need to apply for a new visa if your relationship has broken down. Why is your partner refusing to give your partner?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I honestly don’t know
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

As I have mentioned above if it’s a case where you will no longer be on the spouse visa then you can look at thr parent route.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.