Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I overstayed my tourist visa issues 15years ago 2005 i

Customer Question

Hello i overstayed my tourist visa issues 15years ago 2005 i overstayed by 6 years returned voluntarily on my own volition and at my expense in 2011
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Nigeria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: i intend to apply for the health and care work visa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i was given a paper on leaving at the airport by an immigration official
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified doctors, nurses and allied health professionals of all nationalities (except British and Irish) who have been trained to a recognised standard.

The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 20 days ago.

In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

• You are aged 18 or over;
  • You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
  • You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
  • You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
  • You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
  • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  • You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.