How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1518
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I have a relationship enquiry, I live in dundee Scotland and

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a relationship enquiry
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in dundee Scotland and my boyfriend lives in Italy
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I did not take any step
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Me and my boyfriend would like to live here in the UK but he's a political refugee in Italy, so I am wondering what steps should I follow So we can live together here In the UK
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 9 days ago.


Further to your question, you will need to either enter into marraige or prove that you have been living together for two years to make an Entry Clearance Application as a spouse.

Furthermore as a political refugee has he been given any status?

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply..
What do you mean by status sorry!
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 9 days ago.

Is he allowed to remain in the country legally and has he been given a residence card.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
he has a residence permit 5 years
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 9 days ago.


That's good in that case, he can apply from Italy as he is legally residence in the country.