Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I’m an international student in the UK I applied to extend

Customer Question

I’m an international student in the UK I applied to extend my visa but unfortunately I only sent my application a day after my current visa expired due to awaiting my CAS statement I’m not really sure what the best thing for me to do right now is
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have tried applying for exceptional assurance but that got rejected as they saw that I have an application pending and that that would cover me legally (which I don’t believe it does) I also submitted extra documents and a cover letter explaining why I applied late
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Yes I have spoken to some lawyers foe advice they’ve all told me to stay and await the outcome but I don’t want to be an overstayer for more than 30 days
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My visa expired on the 11th of August and I applied on the 12th of August
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Your date of application will be on 12 August 2021. That said, you are normally given a grace period of 14 days from the date of expiry providing a good reason why it was late and not prior to the expiry of your visa. You should also try and get appointment for biometrics as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did the biometrics through the app, they are not doing in person appointments due to Covid
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I just worry since I did not explain my reasons in my application
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I only did so later in a cover letter that they did not ask for
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

If you done the letter and have sent this, they would be aware of this

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is there any way I can get in contact with the home office to find out if they received my letter?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

You have the track and trace as proof

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

If you sent the letter by signed for delivery

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Most welcome and all the best

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What exactly would happen if worst scenario my visa gets refused?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What are the chances of that happening?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Can you open up a new question. FAO: Lawyer21!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What would happen if worst scenario my visa gets refused
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Kindly open up a new question - like before with the above question. A new question request