LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I’m an international student in the UK I applied to extend

Customer Question

I’m an international student in the UK I applied to extend my visa but unfortunately I only sent my application a day after my current visa expired due to awaiting my CAS statement I’m not really sure what the best thing for me to do right now is
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have tried applying for exceptional assurance but that got rejected as they saw that I have an application pending and that that would cover me legally (which I don’t believe it does) I also submitted extra documents and a cover letter explaining why I applied late
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Yes I have spoken to some lawyers foe advice they’ve all told me to stay and await the outcome but I don’t want to be an overstayer for more than 30 days
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My visa expired on the 11th of August and I applied on the 12th of August
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

As you applied a day latest before expiry that could cause a break in your continuous legal stay. You submitted a cover letter so that the caseworker may accept the reason in regards ***** ***** date of CAS.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Would you recommend I stay or that I leave to my home country and re-apply?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I need the outcome by the 22nd of October. I applied on the 12th of august but I worry that there might be delays in processing due to covid
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

As it’s now being processed I would await a decision but please note later when apply for ILR there will be a break in your stay.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do you think I will get a decision on the visa in time?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What would the implications be if I leave the UK after a period of 30 days overstay
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 17 days ago.

If you leave the U.K. any overstay can have effect on future applications for the U.K.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have now been granted exceptional assurance. Does that mean I’m no longer an overstayer?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

If you have been granted this will not make you an overstayer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can stay here and wait for my visa outcome without any repercussions?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Or will it still affect my leave when I apply for future visas?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 15 days ago.

Whilst you have exceptional assurance which is still valid you will not face any repercussions or affect future leave.