How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3087
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a question regarding switching a student visa to a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question regarding switching a student visa to a working visa for an international
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no, I like in UK and I am a citizen of Sultanate of Oman
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: live
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Hi there,

You need a Skilled worker visa , it allows you to stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.

This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.


You need to a job offer from approved employer sponsor to do a skilled job in the UK.

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:

  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office

  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK

  • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations

  • be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Vineet, thank you for your reply, I would just like to add that I am still a student, I would like to take a break in study (interruption) which may lead to my current visa being canceled ( expires FEB 2022) would that effect anything?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

It does not, provided you secure a skilled job with a sponsored employer.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have 2 job offers, one can sponsor my visa and the other I am still waiting for their reply regarding that (I am expecting a call from them today)
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

That's great then. you can switch to skilled worker visa.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Amazing, who should I be contacting about this other than the workplace? HMRC? home office?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

You would would to apply for skilled worker visa which can be done online using the below weblink-

Skilled Worker visa - GOV.UK (

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your help :)
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

My pleasure. Have a good day.