frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Ma*. I’m a Nurse RGN I. LGI hospital in Leeds. I’m trying to

Customer Question

My name is M* ma*. I’m a Nurse RGN I. LGI hospital in Leeds. I’m trying to invite my sister for my 60th birthday. In October. Can I succeed? She’s 2 years your than me! JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship? Customer: I’’m Britishin Uk and my sister is in Zimbabwe, she’s a theatre nurse at Avenues Clnic for over 15 yeard JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? Customer: Not yet lawyers can be very expensive JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: I’ve got two grown up chn one is married the other one is in care due to poor eye sight

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 19 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question.

Is the sole reason for your sister's visit to attend your birthday party? Or otherwise?

Does she have a valid  Passport?

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 18 days ago.

Currently traveling to the UK depends on the individual having the relevant immigration documents, as well as the travel guidance due to the pandemic. In terms of the immigration document, it appears your sister will need a visa. The standard visitor’s visa allows visitors to enter the UK for the purpose of tourism and is valid for 6 months. I will include the government guidance on the visa, please note this is not exhaustive: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

In terms of the travel guidance from the government, it appears that Zimbabwe is currently on the UK’s red list. Which means the UK is only allowing individuals who are British, Irish or have residency rights in the UK to enter the country. If your sister does not meet these requirements then regardless of holding a visa, she may be refused entry to the country. It is unclear when the UK government will review or change these rules. I will include a link to the travel guidance below, please note this is not exhaustive. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Before your sister attempts to travel to the UK, she should ensure she has the relevant immigration documents and can adhere to travel guidance including any restrictions.

I hope this response has helped. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, you can ask another question on the site. It has been my pleasure to assist you.