How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1540
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

Trying to find out if partner was told to pay back overdue

Customer Question

Hi I am Michael and trying to find out if partner was told to pay back overdue child tax credit will this affect my extension for flrfp
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: In the process and currently in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Yes but don't have the required information needed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 18 days ago.


Further to your question, kindly note that the scenario you have described will not affect your application.

In addition, to be honest once you are granted leave, you will be able to obtain the extension as long as your circumstances remain the same, such as still being in a relationship with your partner and children.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do I need to explain in the application to HO about re paying back child tax credit.Also since she has not been able to work and still receiving working tax and housing benefit. Is this also another factor that might affect the extension of the flrfp.Thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have not got the amount for the call.Thanks
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 18 days ago.


Kindly note as part of the,application they will ask you about her financial situation and you will need to include the benefits thst she is receiving. You do not need to mention the overpayment.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But what if they find out she claimed benefit and we did not explain any circumstances in the application will this not still affect.Thanks
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 18 days ago.


Kindly note that your partner is allowed to claim benefits if she's a British National and it will not affect your application.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you very much.
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 18 days ago.

I am glad I could assist and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website