TTlaw
TTlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
113135352

I heard that there is a 2 years. USA for graduates visa. I

Customer Question

Hi, I heard that there is a 2 years. USA for graduates visa. I graduated from my master at December 2020. Will I be able to apply? I started my master in September 2019. And I a, currently still in the Uk, with Tier 5 visa
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am xtending my Tier 5 visa at the moment, still waiting for the response. Currently live in London and my citizenship is Malaysia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 5 visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, I don’t think so, I was just wondering if I am eligible to apply for the graduate visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  TTlaw replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I will revert back shortly with an answer to your question.

Expert:  TTlaw replied 8 days ago.

In order to be eligible to apply under the graduate visa route one of the eligibility requirements is that the applicant has or has last held leave as a student. Therefore, you may be able to rely on your previous period as a student if this was the last leave you held and you have not overstayed since then.