Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My girlfriend is from Latvia, she is living in the UK for 15

Customer Question

My girlfriend is from Latvia, she is living in the UK for 15 years. She has studied and work in the UK. She already has the EU settled status. On the other hand, her mom is living in Latvia and is dependent on my girlfriend once that she has no job in Latvia for almost a year. Can my girlfriend relocate her mom to the UK to live with us? What are the steps for her to legally move to the UK?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 11 days ago.

Further to your question, as you have missed the Brexit deadline which was the 30th December 2020.

You will now need to make an application under the Immigration Rules as adult dependent relative. Please see the guidance below, however the applications are not easy as the threshold is high.

Kind Regards

Please find enclosed the guidance below;

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative

Please do let me know if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards