Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I am seeking advice on my Tier 2 visa. I am currently with

Customer Question

Hello, I am seeking advice on my Tier 2 visa. I am currently with Firm A, from which I have resigned and my last day will be 30 September. My new firm (firm B) will be initiating the visa process on 21 September, which should be the change in sponsor from A to B. I start employment with firm B on 1 December - is there any issue that I should foresee with this scenario?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm currently in the UK on a Tier 2 visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am happy to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Here is the question - let me know if you need more details on this.I am currently with Firm A, from which I have resigned and my last day will be 30 September. My new firm (firm B) will be initiating the visa process on 21 September, which should be the change in sponsor from A to B. I start employment with firm B on 1December - is there any issue that I should foresee with this scenario?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

There should not be any issues you face as your visa is still valid and once you submit the application your status remains the same until you get your new visa.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
to confirm, I can leave employment on 30 September and wait till 1st December, while the application is in progress?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
there no issues with being in the UK unemployed while waiting for the new role?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

While you are waiting for the visa, you are covered, and once you will be granted a new visa again it is fine.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
is that period of unemployment going to be an issue for my ILR? I will still be in the UK during these 2 months
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

It will not be an issue when it comes to your ILR too.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Brilliant. Thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

You are most welcome. Good luck!