LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My friend tried to apply for a settlment scheme and it got

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My friend tried to apply for a settlment scheme and it got rejected. She and I have studied at Solent University since last september
JA: What steps has your friend taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your friend live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: She complained but the complain can take a very long time and uni starts the 27th. She is Norwegian
JA: Has your friend talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Lawyer? Does she need to go that far?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She have talked with uni and they said it can take a while before it goes through
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

What were grounds of refusal?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think they said the information was not good enough. But I dont 100% remember
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
But there is no other reasons. As we started to study in sep 2020. And we got requested to send proof. Mine was ok but hers got rejected
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Under the Eu settlement scheme it’s usually to do with residence in the U.K. therefore if their were lack of documents to show residence these are grounds for refusal.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do understand that. But I'm wondering of there is anything to do about it? Because she have been in England and studying by the university physically. But the complaint will be too late since we will start university soon
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

She can appeal the decision but that’s a length process but I would need you to attach the grounds of refusal to advise further.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (LZS61MG)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is all I have. She dosent exactly know that im looking for ways to help her
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

I require all four pages as this does not state the full refusal decision.