Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I want to apply

Customer Question

I want to apply
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to bring my wife, so I have applied for her and she has submitted her passport for visa but it been over two weeks now and I am yet to get response. We have applied before but got rejected because we were not married yet and now that we are married, and that we have corrected all mistakes for the first refusal, why is it taking longer to get decision now that we have submitted again?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Hi Welcome to JA

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

It is currently between 4-6 weeks for Spouse visa applications to reach a decision

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get decision regardless of the country the applicant is applying from?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Yes it sometimes takes longer. It can also take 3-4 weeks in some cases. It is important that the previous issues of refusal were addressed in the new/current Spouse visa application

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mine was refused before because we weren’t married and the evidences wasn’t accepted so we went on to marry and sort out other reasons for the refusal. And I was told that in such cases, the decision get quicker than the normal time
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there any way I can call the Home office visa centre?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

If it has only been 2 weeks, this is way to early and you must continue to wait. Sometimes no news is good news. If the previous issues have been addressed, the application should be successful.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What does “sometimes no news is good news” means please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
when should I wait reach before I can contact them?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

You will need to wait until a decision is made. You can contact them after 6 weeks have passed. I understand this is a stressful process.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do you have anyway contact I can use to contact them directly?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Which embassy did you apply?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
She submitted to Abuja embassy in Nigeria. I couldn’t upload the forms that I should fill as a sponsor so I chose SELF SERVICE and then send all to her which she printed and submitted as requested
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was told that in India, spouse visa is certain after submission on getting decision after 15 days
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

+234 (9)(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

If you have any other question (s) kindly open up a new question and mark it for my attention - Lawyer21 and I will be happy to help

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. What about the contact I can contact them directly from because I am the one in while she is Nigeria.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Yes you can also contact and send a email directly from this end

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do they respond better to email than call?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Yes they can

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

It is also much quicker