Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

If a new employer applies for a BRP and it is approved, then

Customer Question

If a new employer applies for a BRP and it is approved, then when I resign from my current employer, my current employer counters with an offer. If I stay with my current employer, can the new BRP be cancelled and I can still work on my current BRP with my current employer?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

You will need to be issued with a new BRP Card if you have a new employer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the new employer has issued me with a BRP. Can that one be cancelled should I accept the counter offer from my current employer and remain on the BRP with that employer?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

You should return the old BRP card. If you have a new employer and a new BRP with the new employer has been issued.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
But if I decide to stay with my current employer instead of going to my new employer. That’s as my current employer has countered with an offer to get me to stay at the company. Can I work with them on my old BRP and cancel my new BRP?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 19 days ago.

You cannot have 2 BRP cards. If the first BRP card has not been cancelled it is still valid. That said, if you have a new BRP with a new employer, then the Home Office must have cancelled your previous BRP card