Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I am applying for a long residence settlement in the UK. I

Hi, I am applying for a long residence settlement in the UK. I have made an UKVCAS appointment and I'd like to know whether I have uploaded all the supporting documents before the appointment? Thanks.

Hi, Welcome to JA

Yes you can upload your documents prior to the appointment and also take originals/copies on the day of appointment

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your answer, JA. Can I just take originals and copies on the day of the appointment without uploading?

Yes you can

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Does it mean the officer in the UKVCAS will help me scan all my supporting documents and upload them for me?

Yes that is correct - you should also upload as well.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just to confirm: do I need to upload all the supporting documents by myself before the appointment or I can just take all the originals and copies to the UKVCAS appointment to let the officer help me scan and submit them?

You can do either, but it would be best to upload and also take the originals on the day

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, JA
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, further to my application, I'd like to ask the consent form part 2: consent for the Home Office to verify third party information. I'd like to know who needs to sign that?

Do you have any joint accounts?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, I don't have. My husband just provided his bank statement to show the address purpose. I provided my own separately from a different bank.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will that be harmful to the application if my husband signs that?

You then do not need to sign this. However, it is a good idea to take this form Part 1, 2 and 3 on the day of your appointyment.

Your husband would need to sign the Sponsor's declaration.