Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I have asked questions I did not ger clear answer my

Customer Question

I have asked questions I did not ger clear answer my question was I am the main sposor and I have sponsored my husband and a daughter their visa is due to extension in December but I am unemployed and having universal credit also I am having my daughter's child benefit does it affects to extension my husband and daughter's visa after their 2.5 years visa expired, my husband is earning over £30000 a year but their bpr card stated they are not allowed to have any public funds. I am hoping to get a very professional answer.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Which benefits and services are included in public funds
Public funds includes benefits for people on a low income - for example:Universal CreditPension CreditCouncil Tax ReductionCarer’s AllowancePublic funds also include some other benefits, financial help and services from the government - for example:Child BenefitPersonal Independence Payment (PIP)housing by local authorities (known as ‘council homes’ or ‘social housing’)help with homelessness from local authoritiessocial fund payments - for example, the Cold Weather Payment
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Is your husband earning £30,000 a year?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Are you in receipt of any benefits/public funds?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My husband earns 30000 a year and I am a main sponsor I am.having universal credit and a child benefit does it affects to extension their visa after their staying 2,5 year .they are in settlement visa rutw.thank you can
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

If you husband is the main sponsor you can rely on his earnings. If you are the applicant you are not entitled to claim any benefits

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I am main sponsor my husband and my daughter are my dependents at the moment only my husband works I am.unemployed also I am having two benefits as I mentioned you universal credit and child benefit is any effect for them to extension their visa. My daughter is 10 year old at the moment.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am more worry about benefits which I receipt now.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

How much did you earn for 20-21 tax year?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Your application will still be considered under the 10 year route.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't earns anything on this tax years period and I sponsored them on 5 years route not 10 years route and I am a main sponsors of them.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't earns anything on this tax years period and I sponsored them on 5 years route not 10 years route and I am a main sponsor of them.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

If you are able to meet the financial requirement you will be able to apply for your husband and dependants. Your husband should not be claiming benefits as this is not permitted

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you please make sure as I am.main sponsor am.I allowed to have universal credit or not.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
While I am sponsoring them ?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

Can you open up a new question and mark it for myself - Lawyer21! Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am.sorry one more question as I am.having benefits does it effect to extension their visa or not.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 15 days ago.

You must ensure that the benefits you are claiming, you have disclose your income too