INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have dual nationality and lived in England for 40 years, I

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Good morning
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Good morning I have dual nationality and lived in England for 40 years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am due my pension in January 2022 I have moved to Poland but still have a house and business premises in England that are rented out .I pay tax in England but don’t live in England so I don’t have an address.I used my sons address but he lives on his own and pays council tax for single occupancy and that has caused problems
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Thank you for your query, I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have a credit card and a mobile phone contract registered to my sons address and I found out that it’s illegal
Can I have it registered to an address in Poland
Also Can I have postal address for pension purposes?

There is nothing stopping you having an address in the UK. However, you are not entitled to benefits if living abroad. You would still be entitled to your pension.

I would suggest you notify the Department for Work and Pensions that you have left the UK

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am still some time away from being able to get my pension .

It's a pleasure.

Good luck.