How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3087
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am on a Skilled worker visa which started in Jan 2021

Customer Question

I am on a Skilled worker visa which started in Jan 2021 (validity 4 years till Dec 2024) and my employment is being terminated in Dec 2021. After my employer gives a notice to the home office of my end date (ie Dec 2021) WIll I be able to stay in UK in search of a new sponsor for my skilled worker visa till Dec 2024 or wIll the home office give me a visa curtailment Notice of exit within 60 days?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in UK with my wife & small children and my citizenship is Pakistani. I have a job of £150k /yr. I am on a skilled worked visa which was the last paperwork filed with the uk governmemnt
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: im not on a tied 2 visa. im on a skilled worker visa. my tier 2 visa was from 2015 to 2020 but now I have switched to skilled worker visa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,

You will be served with a "notice of curtailment " by the Home office , giving you 60 days to either make a new visa application to get your leave extended in the UK or to leave the UK within the given period of time.

So, you would not be able to use the current visa till its expiry date of Dec 2024.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.