How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TTlaw Your Own Question
TTlaw, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 56
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
TTlaw is online now

I am holding Representative of an Overseas Business visa in

This answer was rated:

I am holding Representative of an Overseas Business visa in the UK, so can I confirm if my income only can make from the parent company in the UK? if yes, can I have income oversea and bring it to the UK?thank you

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Please confirm from which source the other income will come from?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
my own company in china.

An individual in the UK as a representative of an overseas business can only work full-time as a representative of that overseas business.

If the income is not from working for your own business, ie funds owned to you by the company, then this should be ok.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if I got fired from the representative of that overseas business, can I stay in the UK until my visa expired?

Should you lose your job the Home Office may start the curtailment process, which means shortening your visa expiry date as your circumstances have changed. The curtailment process can sometimes be delayed and you could potentially stay in the UK until this happens.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also for another income question, Can I work for a company not based in the UK and the income will not bring it to the UK ?

You should only be working for the overseas parent company.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What about do some admin work for my friend’s company for free?

You should be working full time for the parent company. I suppose you could do this free work outside your working hours.

TTlaw and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I see thank you

No worries and all the best.