How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2168
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have a question regarding a status of a person who has has

Customer Question

I have a question regarding a status of a person who has has lived in The UK since 2012, he applied for a live to remain visa which took 3 years to process. So they provided him with a 2 year visa which gave him the 5 years in the Uk to apply for perm residency. At the end of this 2 years he sent in the application but was then remanded in custody and given a 2 year sentence for dangerous driving (driving whilst disqualified) he was then subsequently rejected by the home office for the perm residency and held an additional 3 months over his given sentence, he was then released on with immigration bail conditions which were not to work, not claim benefits, no learning or development and initially were looking to extradite him back to Iran, they have proven unsuccessful at this attempt due to various human rights and his life being in danger if he was to be sent back to Iran. He has been given a immigration officer who appears to have very little or no impact on his social well being or care. So to the point - he is trying to apply for a citizenship card and has been asked for a referee to confirm his identity, he has emailed the officer and had no reply. Are they obligated as his immigration officer to provide such on formation, or can he approach his precious probation officer as he has not any employer or job Center work coach as under his bail conditions is not allowed,
So the question is - who is official contact he can use that is obligated to confirm his identify
2nd question is how do w more is life forward in terms of gaining a visa to allow him to work and regain his citizen ship so he can once again Integrate into society, earn a living to enable him to provide food and shelter for himself, raise a family and be a hard working citizen as he has the right to like any other human does
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Good morning, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi good morning
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your assistance
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am happy to take a call once I have established that there is grounds to get help
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I appreciate you have to make a living and more than happy to do so but as you can appreciate when one is unable to work it’s a lot to ask to pay £44
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately due to him serving time unless he has strong grounds for him staying in the U.K. such British partner or child then he can look at applying on this basis.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

What date did he enter the U.K. and what family does he have in U.K.?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He came in sept 2012 and has 2 uncles here one has a British passport, his grounds for staying are his life would be in danger he has no partner or child at the moment, if uncle is close enough to give him grounds to stay or if the reasons he can’t return are good enough to progress his case I will happily call you to find out the next steps for him, I just want to establish first that there is some hope through either of those points, otherwise it’s pretty much a lost cause and it will be the law that needs to change rather than his individual case. I don’t want to waste time or money for myself or you. So if there is an Avenue to explore then let’s make that call. Should he not get legal aid in some way to provide such help in dealing with these matters
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately as he has uncles this will not guarantee legal stay in the U.K. ❤️

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

*sorry computer typo

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

If he had been in the U.K. 20 years then he could look at available routes.