Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Before starting is there a charge for your help? Ok.

Before starting is there a charge for your help?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok. Basically need advice on what my son living in Bogota Colombia has to do to relocate to England. He's a British citizen and passport holder along with his 2 year old son. But his wife is Colombian.
Customer: Ok. Basically need advice on what my son living in Bogota Colombia has to do to relocate to England. He's a British citizen and passport holder along with his 2 year old son. But his wife is Colombian.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No. I'm his father in the UK but he and his family live in Bogota.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We've contacted citizens advice and awaiting a conversation with someone. I've forwarded to my son the government information for visa application. People he's tried are all asking sums of money.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He owns his own flat in London and will continue to rent it out (£1000 pm) and live with us in Devon. Eventually he'll sell London flat and buy house in Devon near us. He also has 2 online businesses and his wife gained a Masters degree from a London university and speaks perfect English. She is a qualified dance therapist.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

Your son would have to sponsor spouse visa for his Columbian wife , so that she can travel with her family .

She will get dependent visa for 2.5 yrs and after one extension of 2.5 yrs, she will be eligible for Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK and subsequently to British Nationality.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok was aware of this but what are the conditions of the visa i.e. costs and what steps does he/she need to take.?

The requirements for the Spouse Visa are-

• You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.

• You must have met each other and be legally married.

• You must intend to live together permanently.

• You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.

• You must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependant children.

• You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependants.

• You must satisfy the English language requirements.

The current fee for a Spouse Visa is £1,523 for applications made outside the UK.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks. Where does he/she start this process? Who has to do it, husband,wife, joint?

Spouse visa can be applied online using the below weblink-

Choosing -Appendix FM partner.

His wife is the applicant , your son is the sponsor.

She need to apply .

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just checking his son is 2 years old 14/5/2019 with a British passport but born in Colombia, will he need visa?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry not sure if weblink came through?

No, your Grandson does not need a visa for the UK as he is a British & can travel on his British passport

Please copy paste the below weblink for applying for spouse visa-

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry one last thing what savings ought he to have and how long should he have these savings. Presumably when applying for visa these savings must be present but for how long?

Saving must be there for at least 6 months.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do we know the minimum amount of savings required?

To qualify for a spouse or partner visa by meeting the financial requirement on cash savings only, you need savings of at least £62,500. If you have less than £62,500 it may still be possible to use a combination of cash and income to meet the financial requirement, provided that the cash savings are over £16,000.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should I need further advice from you what's the procedure?

Yes , sure , if you have any questions in future , you can get in touch by opening up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Thank you. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks again Vineet

You are welcome. Have a good day.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.