Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My in laws applied for a visiting visa and we’re all

Customer Question

Hi. My in laws applied for a visiting visa and we’re all refused. 2 of them were refused on the basis that my father on law was refused and they are financially dependent on him, however we have had no refusal letter for him so we don’t know why he was refused. I have tried to contact by email and even paid £2.75 to send an email but still have had no help and no refusal letter. The other application was refused based on her employment and earning however I think this was a case of mistaken identity as the the details on the refusal don’t match the application. For example it says she’s employed as a production manager but she’s actually just a student, it also says her wages are in Ghana currency but she’s from morocco.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in uk and am a British citizen however the applicants are Moroccan and live in morocco. I have paid to send an email to internal immigration complaints but they replied saying they don’t deal with application outssie the uk. So I don’t know if what else to do to get this revolved.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: I have contacted a lawyer but she wants £108 per hour and I cannot afford this at the moment
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the applicants want to come to visit my son (their grandson) and my husband (there son). They have been previously last year and did not burn their visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 6 days ago.

Further to your question, in relation to the visa where you think they have mistaken the case I would suggest that you administrative review the decision and highlight this.

In relation to not receiving a decision, I would suggest that you administrative review the dependents case and highlight on that, you have not recieved a refusal for the father and they will send you the refusal.

The administrative team is more efficient than the other departments and will normally respond to you within 10 working days

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi we are not able to administrative review on any as it states we have no right to appeal or administrative review. However I feel like there must be something else we can do ?

Kindly note that there is no right of appeal however you can Judicial Review a visitor visa refusal.

My apologies I meant to say Judicial Review earlier.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Oh ok could you please advise me
How to do this.

Please find enclosed the guidance in relation to issuing a Judicial Review however I would strongly advise you consult a solicitor to assist you with the same as it is very technical. Furthermore, if you want a successful decision they will be able to formulate a good argument.

https://righttoremain.org.uk/toolkit/jr/

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you able to do this If I pay ?

Unfortunately, I am unable to take on a case through the JustAnswer forum as we can only provide advise.

Please find a local immigration solicitor who specialises in Judicial Review and they should be able to assist you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you.

All the best and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.

Kind Regards