TTlaw
TTlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
113135352

I have a question about Skilled worker visa, I am currently

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about Skilled worker visa
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am currently in India.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have received the skilled worker visa already.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have another job offer from UK with another company in the same job code itself. I wanted to know about what is the process if I want to take the second company's offer.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Recently I got Skilled worker(Tier 2) visa and I'm yet to arrive and join the job in UK. Meanwhile, I got another job offer from a different employer which I like to take. Both the jobs are of same job title and code. I like to know if
1)Will I have to re-apply for skilled worker visa to change my employer ?
2)Does my partner who got dependent partner visa also also have to follow the same process ?
3)Will my first visa get cancelled only after the approval of second visa application ? In case the second visa application does not get approved will the first visa still hold ? Thanks in Advance !!
Expert:  TTlaw replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I will revert back shortly with an answer to your question.

Expert:  TTlaw replied 16 days ago.

If you arrive into the UK on your current visa you will then need to make a change of employment application in order to work for the new prospective employer. If however, you do not travel on your current visa then you will need to submit a new skilled worker application. As your partner will already have dependant leave they will not need to re-apply if they are already in the UK.

Expert:  TTlaw replied 16 days ago.

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We are not in UK yet. Will my first visa get cancelled only after the approval of second visa application ? In case the second visa application does not get approved will the first visa still hold
Expert:  TTlaw replied 16 days ago.

Yes once your second visa gets approved the first one will be cancelled. If the application is refused the first visa will not be valid as the second visa will override the first visa as there is a change of circumstance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** inform the first company that I am not taking the offer before my second company is going to apply the visa?
Or will the Home office automatically cancel the first one when the second application comes?
Expert:  TTlaw replied 15 days ago.

It’s best to inform the first company that you no longer wish to take up the employment as they will need to report this to the Home Office as apart of the sponsor reporting duties.