Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I have a eu pre settlement status in Uk, and my daughter

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a eu pre settlement status in Uk, and my daughter just moved to me and she is 18. We thaught that we could apply for her after she arrived but we are having a problem with this, can you help with this matter ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We are from Iceland,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She will be attending a University this fall in Uk, she is already in Uk and we thought that we could apply for this after she arrived, but we are having problems with that
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.
You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.
Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate.

Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear about this.

Your child may be eligible for pre-settled status as she is:

• under 21
  • from Iceland

The deadline for applications for most people was 30 June 2021, but you can still apply for your child - or they can apply for themselves - if you lived in the UK by 31 December 2020.

Your child must have joined you here, either

• on or after 1 April 2021
  • before 1 April 2021, but, for example, you did not know that they needed to apply to the scheme - this will be considered as ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying by the deadline

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to help.