How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1055
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I look forward to work and settle in UK, I am an indian my

Customer Question

Hi madam My name is ***** ***** i look forward to work and settle in UK
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am an indian my question is do students after completion of their study course are eligible and have chances to get workpermit and settle in UK or they have to come back to their native country since the student visa is there valid for 2 years after course completion what are the chances a candidate geta a work permit and look forward for citizenship in UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No Im planning to come there as student
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am an experienced banking professional employed in india for 15 years
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

If you come to the UK as a student, after completion of your studies, you may apply for a graduate visa which gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK.

You may be able to switch to a skilled worker visa after, you can switch to a skilled worker visa straight from a student visa as well - after completing your studies.

A skilled worker visa leads to the settlement in the UK.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

I hope it answers all your questions, please let me know if you have further questions and I am happy to help. Thank you