How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1317
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Helo, Are there new decisions regarding family reunification

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Are there new decisions regarding family reunification for European residents in Britain
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: انا مواطن أوروبي سويدي وأريد لم شمل للوالدين وأبني
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: لا
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: أريد معرفه القرارات الجديده حاليا حول لم شمل الوالدين والابن
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Tank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1575;نا سوف انتظر منك الاجابه شكرا لك
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will wait for you to answer, thank you
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Are you a British citizens or what is your residency status in the UK?

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

For British Citizens or individuals with settle status in the UK, there are provisions which allow them to bring their family to join them and live in the UK. Namely a family visa and family permits for EU citizens. Each visa/permit has different eligibility requirements, fee, and duration. I will provide links to the government guidance for both documents below, please note these are not exhaustive. Have good read to decide which documents, if any, is the most suitable based on your circumstance.

Family visa:

Family permit:

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

I hope this response has helped. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, you can ask another question on the site. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am a Swedish citizen, I hold Swedish citizenship, and I am currently residing in Britain. I have a residence permit for five years. I would like to know if there is still a law for the unification of parents and children
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your response.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Could you please clarify what you mean specifically by 'still a law for the unification of parents and children?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.