Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My first tier 2 BRP was issued 14/12/2016 but my second tier

Customer Question

My first tier 2 BRP was issued 14/12/2016 but my second tier 2 BRP expires in 07/11/2021. I want to apply for ILR. Do I need to get a tier 2 extension to be able to apply for ILR?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 10 days ago.

Hi, further to your question you will need to apply for a further extension as you require 5 years in the UK as a Tier 2 Migrant

Kindly note that you could apply for the Tier 2 Application and once you reach the 5 Years vary the application and apply for ILR. Kindly note that you will be able to do this as long as the Home Office have not made a decision on your application.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.