Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I like in the UK and have a settled status, I'm engaged to

Hello, I'm French I like in the UK and have a settled status, I'm engaged to my partner who is Albanian and he has applied for the eu settlement scheme (before 30/06/21). He's received a certificate of application that states whilst he is waiting for the decision, he is allowed to live in the UK, work, study, open a bank account, rent a place to live etc
We've tried applying for National Insurance number and a bank account but he doesn't have a BRP card yet, how can he start work and open a bank account without it?
Any advice welcome.
Many thanks,
Agathe
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will he be given a share code already or does he need to wait for the decision on his status?
Also, how long would we have to wait (in average) to hear about the decision?

Good afternoon Agathe, I will be assisting with your question today. With regards ***** ***** National Insurance number, it may be a problem until he gets his status but with regards ***** ***** bank account, it should be totally fine. He can also work until a decision is made without any issues if the same is stated in COA - certificate of application.

Due to COVID19 and the deadline for pre-settled status/settled status applications, decisions take a very long time. There is no exact timeframe,e to be honest but hopefully, your partner will get a decision soon as COA already has been issued.

I hope it answers all your questions, please let me know if you have further questions and I am happy to help. Thank you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I just was wondering if he’d be given a share code or if he’d only get this if his status comes through? Many thanks

You are most welcome.

Share code is possible to get once the status is approved usually,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. Thank you very much for your help.