How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1537
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I have lived outside UK from an early age, but am now trying

Customer Question

I have lived outside UK from an early age, but am now trying to
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Sorry, was interrupted. I was born in Edinburgh, I have lived all my life in Zimbabwe, but am trying to get a National Insurance number so that I can do care work here. I am 63. I tried to do it online, but so little of it was relevant to me and I got tied up in knots,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None for the NI. I have applied for the DBS
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure what information they need. British passport no?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My christened name is***** born 11/08/1958. My married surname is ***** ***** Lingen.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I tried to find a National Insurance number online, as I worked at the Gore Hotel 190 Queen's Gate, South Kensington, London SW7 5EX for about six months in 1981 on a working holiday, but I found the website difficult to follow and half the information they required was irrelevant and unavailable. I have no idea if the hotel signed me up as I was a temporary worker.
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.


Further to your question are you a British National?

You normally would need to be living in the UK for them to issue you with a National insurance number as they would post it out to you.

You can call the National insurance helpline and they are very helpful.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.

Please find enclosed the link which has the number for the National Insurance helpline or you could chat to them online.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I count as a British national. My passport code is GBR. Thank you I will try to chat online tomorrow. Much appreciated.
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.

Many thanks for confirming the same.

Please do call them and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website today.

All the best