Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I have lived outside UK from an early age, but am now trying

Customer Question

I have lived outside UK from an early age, but am now trying to
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Sorry, was interrupted. I was born in Edinburgh, I have lived all my life in Zimbabwe, but am trying to get a National Insurance number so that I can do care work here. I am 63. I tried to do it online, but so little of it was relevant to me and I got tied up in knots,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None for the NI. I have applied for the DBS
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure what information they need. British passport no?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My christened name is***** born 11/08/1958. My married surname is ***** ***** Lingen.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I tried to find a National Insurance number online, as I worked at the Gore Hotel 190 Queen's Gate, South Kensington, London SW7 5EX for about six months in 1981 on a working holiday, but I found the website difficult to follow and half the information they required was irrelevant and unavailable. I have no idea if the hotel signed me up as I was a temporary worker.
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.

Further to your question are you a British National?

You normally would need to be living in the UK for them to issue you with a National insurance number as they would post it out to you.

You can call the National insurance helpline and they are very helpful.

Kind Regards

Please find enclosed the link which has the number for the National Insurance helpline or you could chat to them online.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/national-insurance-numbers

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I count as a British national. My passport code is GBR. Thank you I will try to chat online tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Many thanks for confirming the same.

Please do call them and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website today.

All the best