How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

My husband is on tier 2 General visa and I am a dependent .I

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My husband is on tier 2 General visa and I am a dependent .I have completed 33 months of stay in the UK .He got volient few days ago and I called the police .I have reported him for domestic abuse and voilence .He is on conditional bail to not be around me for 28 days . I cannot live with him anymore . IWhat are my options to live in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We are Indian citizens .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: That's prec
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that's precisely why I am contacting you


Further to your question I am really sorry to hear about the Domestic Violence you have suffered.

As your visa is dependent on him, you will need to apply for a visa in your own right.

You can apply to switch into a Skilled worker visa or a student visa.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
In my understanding and circumstances it's not possible to apply for either. I will be in trouble if I travel to India .What can I do


The only other option I could suggest to you is to claim asylum if you think that your life is at risk if you travel back to India.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no cannot speak the charges are high for the call

I do apologise, but the system automatically brings up the option of a phone call

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
any solution please


Kindly note that I have provided you with all the solutions that are possibly available to you.

Please do revert back to me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have no idea on the asylum thing . i am very normal person who is in trouble for domestic violence. i have officially come to the UK to join my husband on tier 2 dependent visa but circumstances are out of balance at as now

I am really sorry to hear about your current situation however within the current Immigration Rules there are no concessions for individuals who are her as Dependents on the points based system.

Kindly note that you can only claim asylum if you cannot go back to India due to a fear for you life.

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The fear is only with the fact that my matrimonial family based in India would get after my life for
calling the police and that way I am threatened considering that my husband has done all the studies and finally got the tier 2 general visa and that fact that I called the police jeopardize his dream career in the UK .What are possibility of approval of my application .
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
also he is on 28 days conditional bail and he will return home at the end of 28 days which is in about 2 weeks . I want to leave this home that I share with him and move to safe accommodation and I am in conversation with the agencies who have offered me home to stay but I am unsure about the immigration status once I move to the refuge home My dependent status says that I must live in the same home as my husband


You are still his dependent until he informs the home office and the visa is curtailed.

Please speak to the agency staff in relation to the chances of success in relation to the asylum claim as they have thier own immigration solicitors.

If you can convince the home office that your life would be at risk upon your return to India then your asylum claim is likely to be granted.

I know you are in a very difficult situation and I totally sympathise with you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you !
I was exploring my options on skilled visa as well
If I apply for visa request /sponsor request with my ex employer ( they have office in India , Dublin) and if I have a job offer from them ,can I switch from visa from dependent to tier 2 while I am still in the UK?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i mean to ask can I go to Dublin Ireland with my baby if I have. job offer from my ex employer who also have office in Dublin . i was an employee in the past at the India office .


Kindly note that Dublin is in Ireland who have their own Immigration System. You will need to find out from the company whether you can switch as it will not be the Skilled Worker Visa. Kindly note that I only specalise in UK Immigration laws.