How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1539
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

My husband and daughter (15) have UK citizenship. My husband

This answer was rated:

My husband and daughter (15) have UK citizenship. My husband has cancer and may not live much longer. If my daughter decides to settle in the UK, may I join her on a family visa?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No, we never got around to it. We currently live in the US. This was unexpected.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No, we haven't. He is very sick. I am worried about not being able to join my daughter. She plans to move to UK for college and wants to settle there.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No


Further to your question, you can join your daughter in the UK however you will need to do this prior to her turning 18.

You will need to apply to remain in the UK as the parent of a British National child, however you child will need to be living in the UK at the time you make the application.

I will send you the guidance shortly.

Kind Regards

Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you