Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My husband and daughter (15) have UK citizenship. My husband

My husband and daughter (15) have UK citizenship. My husband has cancer and may not live much longer. If my daughter decides to settle in the UK, may I join her on a family visa?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No, we never got around to it. We currently live in the US. This was unexpected.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No, we haven't. He is very sick. I am worried about not being able to join my daughter. She plans to move to UK for college and wants to settle there.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Further to your question, you can join your daughter in the UK however you will need to do this prior to her turning 18.

You will need to apply to remain in the UK as the parent of a British National child, however you child will need to be living in the UK at the time you make the application.

I will send you the guidance shortly.

Kind Regards