Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I want to ask my husband has the uk citizenship, as my two

Customer Question

Hello i want to ask my husband has the uk citizenship, as my two children, how can i apply to be able to live in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My citizenship is qatari, and no I haven’t applied yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have a house in Manchester and one of the bills is in my name too
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 9 days ago.

Further to your, you will need to apply for a spouse visa if you want to come and live in the UK.

I will go through the guidance with you shortly.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks alot

If your husband is intending to migrate back to the UK, you can apply for Entry Clerance from Qatar at the same time.

Your husband will need to prove that he meets the financial requirement of £18600, and this can be met in 2 ways.

He is currently working and earning over £18600 in Qatar and has a job offer in the UK where he will be earning over £18600.

Otherwise you will need to show that you have savings of £62500 which you have held for a period of 6 months.

Please find enclosed the guidance;

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Please do let me know if I can be any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok so can i just make sure of two points:
First we have to prove that we will be back in the uk and my husband is going to work there.How many montha should i stay in the uk after the visa, and how many days could i leave?Lastly, can I apply while I am in the UK on my visa waiver?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The job offer must be in the uk..? Can it be from outside, since he can work online now.

Kindly note that the Job offer must be from the UK.

On a spouse visa you can stay out of the country generally 90 days in a 12 month period.

However the maximum time you can stay is 6 months after which the visa is normally cancelled.

If you apply whilist you are in the UK there has to be a good reason as to why you are applying from within the UK and why you did not apply for Entry Clearance. You will be granted leave outside the Rules and you would need to apply using the FLR FP Application Form.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks alot that made it much clear
Can I just ask finally, what is an entry clearance? And how much time does it take?

Entry Clerance is the term used to apply to come to the United Kingdom. The process takes on average 12 weeks.

Kind Regards