Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

1-I have 4yr child born in UK can he qualify for British

1-I have 4yr child born in UK can he qualify for British passport.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have two sons 6yrs and 4yrs old. 6yr old was born in Africa and came when was 1yr as adepedant on his mother who had gotten aworking visa with NHS. The second born was born here. The mother has just gotten her ILR in july. Do both of them qualify for British passport automatically or they have to first get ILR just as their mum.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the work visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Is there any fee for that
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have two sons 6yrs and 4yrs old. The 6yr old was born in Africa and came to UK on depedant visa on his mum who had gotten aworking visa with NHS but got her settlement inJuly this year. The second born is 4yrs and is born in UK. Do both of them qualify for british passport automatically or they have to first get ILR just like their mum

Further to your question, they will not need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain however they will need to naturalise as British.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Great
Do they need to first wait for their mum who is due to naturalise after one year of her ILR or we can apply for them.
Also does 4yr who is born here require naturalisation as well or he is already naturalized by the fact that is born here.
Does the one who is 6yrs need to first finish 5yrs here for him to qualify as his mother since they came on the same visa however he joined his mother was already in UK for 1yr.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Also what do they need as children below 18yrs to naturalise.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What are the requirements for them to naturalise since they are under 18yrs of age and they both having holding depedant visas for their mum but now their mum got her ILR in july this year

Further to your questions, kindly note that being born in the UK does not automatically make you British and you resume the nationalityof your parent. The children can both apply using the MN1 Application Form now as once a parent has settled status (ILR) then a child can apply to register as British.

Please find enclosed the guidance below;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-mn1-guidance

I can see you have given me a negative rating however I have been attempting to assist you with the process and I can only advise as per the Immigration Rules.

Please do let me know how I can assist you further.

Kind Regards

Many thanks for providing me with a positive rating

All the best