How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 8107
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a dual US/Canadian citizen. I am 36. I reside in

This answer was rated:

I am a dual US/Canadian citizen. I am 36. I reside in Canada. I would like to attend an independent College in UK for a bachelor's degree program but it is not a licensed VISA sponsor. Is there any path to acquiring a VISA that would allow me to study at this College for this program
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How much does this service cost ?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ok


I am an English Solicitor.

Unfortunately, you would not be eligible for a UK student visa if the college is not a licensed visa sponsor.

Sorry. May I help further?

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did get your response, but at the same time I am getting conflicting messaging from one other lawyer (hence I jumped onto justanswer to get a second opinion) ... this other advise I received was as long as I have an offer of admission I would still be able to apply for a Visa ... so I am trying to get more info if this is indeed possible

If the college is not a licensed sponsor, it cannot sponsor you for a UK student visa.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you