LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Dear Pearl, Dear Pearl, I would like to talk to some one

Hello Pearl,
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Dear Pearl,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Dear Pearl,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to talk to some one about getting a British Passport, I am over 65 , I have permission to live in United Kingdom for an indefinite period. I arrived in the UK in November 1976. I have sat the exam many years ago, but didn't progress this. Can you advise?

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Great! Have you viewed my question?

As you are over 65 years of age you fo not need to sit the life in test. When applying for British passport you must provide evidence of last 5 years of residency as bills, gp registration, P60s, pension.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, I can do this. Where do I start and how long will the process take?

Apply for UK Citizenship:

The Home Office must be satisfied that:

You were in the UK on the day five years before the date of your application;

You have not been absent from the UK for more than 450 days during the intervening five year period;

You have not been in the UK in breach of the immigration laws at any time during that five year period;

You have not been absent from the UK for more than 90 days during the 12 month period immediately preceding the date of your application;

You are not subject to any limit on the period for which you may remain in the UK and have not been subject to any such time limit at any time during the 12 month period immediately preceding the date of your application;

You are of good character;

Your intentions are that if your application is successful your home (or principal home) will be in the UK.

It’s an online application and process takes 3 to 6 months to get a decision.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
would using a immigration lawyer speed things up?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you able to answer my question above?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm a little confused, I was hoping you could answer my questions!