How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2147
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I made an application for the Eu settlement scheme from

This answer was rated:

I made an application for the Eu settlement scheme from Portugal to come to live in the uk Because my brother has got the British citizen but now I was asked to go to the British embassy in Lisbon to have my finger prints taken and also to show my British brother original passport to the British embassy in Lisbon but my brothers needs his passport in the uk is anything I can do to verify the original passport in here in the uk ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Portuguese I live in Madeira Portugal and I apply for the Eu settlement online in Portugal
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

They should accept a certified copy of your brothers passport in Lisbon as they would be aware it will be impossible to retrieve the original passport.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How do I get certify a copy of passport

If your brother takes the British passport to a law firm then they will take copy and certify the copy by a lawyer.