LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I made an application for the Eu settlement scheme from

I made an application for the Eu settlement scheme from Portugal to come to live in the uk Because my brother has got the British citizen but now I was asked to go to the British embassy in Lisbon to have my finger prints taken and also to show my British brother original passport to the British embassy in Lisbon but my brothers needs his passport in the uk is anything I can do to verify the original passport in here in the uk ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Portuguese I live in Madeira Portugal and I apply for the Eu settlement online in Portugal
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

They should accept a certified copy of your brothers passport in Lisbon as they would be aware it will be impossible to retrieve the original passport.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How do I get certify a copy of passport

If your brother takes the British passport to a law firm then they will take copy and certify the copy by a lawyer.