UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a dutch passport but have been living in UK since

I have a dutch passport but have been living in UK since 1968. Married to a British citizen and have 3 British children. I have not applied for settled status, as I didn't think it necessary. However, am now worried if I go abroad and reenter UK that I may not have the proof I need to be let in,
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in England, am a residence here, have worked here (am now retired) paid tax here and own a house here.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

I am a solicitor.

You may apply for a document confirming your status through the Windrush Scheme, please see here (the scheme is not restricted solely to Commonwealth citizens as that is a common misconception, people such as you may also apply under it) https://www.gov.uk/windrush-prove-your-right-to-be-in-the-uk

May I help further?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you, I'll try doing that. Very helpful!

You are welcome.