Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I wanted to ask if a child that is 12 years old and doesn’t

Hi i wanted to ask if a child that is 12 years old and doesn’t have residency permit in uk, get the permit by registring in school or some class like that?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Im asking for my brothers daughter, she lives in iran. No they didn’t do anything just wanted to know if it’s possible
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no we didn’t i just googled maybe to get some information for first step
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no they just live in iran that’s it is there any information that i should ask them ? How the lawyer is going to connect and is there any payment?

Hi, Welcome to JA

The school would carry out checks and also wish to know the immigration status of the child before registering the child in the UK

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there any way the cild could get recedency there? She also has a recedency permit from turkey. Maybe summer school there or someway with studying.

She can apply for a child student Tier 4 visa.

The Child Student Visa route is for children aged between 4 and 17 who wish to study at an independent school in the UK, which is a Home Office approved student sponsor.

In order to qualify for a Child Student Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

• You are aged between 4 and 17;
  • You have been offered an unconditional place on an approved course of study at an independent school holding a valid student sponsor licence;
  • You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course without relying on public funds;
  • You have the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian;
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh ok thanks for the information