Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am currently looking to apply for British Citizenship,,

hello! I am currently looking to apply for British Citizenship
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Italian, not yet and live in the UK. I arrived to the UK on August 2013 - got me pre-settled status in June 2019 and only in November 2020 did I remember to apply for settled status I have been here now 7 years - my main question is whether I need to wait 12 months from November 2020 or whether because I was eligible for settled status from August 2019 this is the date I should be using for the 5 years + 12 months
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
OK thank you - hopefully this should be a simple enough questions

Hi there,

You would have to wait 12 months from the date you got the settled status in the UK.

I Trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
ah great! thanks for letting me know - all the best

You are welcome. Have a good day.