Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am a guardian of a 17 year old spanish student doing A

i am a guardian of a 17 year old spanish student doing A levels at a boarding school in UK, he has just found out he needs a visa and needs to return home in spain in order to apply for a visa. I have fiklled out most of the application but cant he stay in the UK as he is here already to apply or does he need to return to Spain
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Uk citizen, I filled out most of the application but when it asked where to send this barametiric stamp I did not know where to send because I do not know if he can stay here to apply or does he need to go back to Spain to apply he is a spanish citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no we need a visa asap can you answer my question
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
my question is does my student need to return to Spain to apply for a student visa or can he stay here in the UK while applying his course is two years and he hs already begun the course

Can you please confirm what visa are you applying for him?

Furthermore, can you please confirm whether he was living in the UK prior to the 30th December 2020.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
he has his visa here ad I have filled out most of the application
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Student

If he is currently in the UK on a visitor visa then he cannot switch into a student visa from within the UK and will need to return to Spain to apply for the visa.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He started boarding school sept 2020 but went back home due to covid until April 2021, he then went back to Spain in June end of term
And now has returned 1 Sept. the school just contacted me to SSAT h
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you

If he was living in the UK prior to the 30th December 2020 then he can apply for the pre-settled status online. He will need to provide evidence that he was living in the UK at the time.

The deadline to apply was the 31st June 2021 however as he is under the age of 18 he can apply and the home office should apply thier discretion.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there anyone at the visa office I can write to. Explain maybe they eill
Understand
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Even if he went home to Spain in June and came back in sept
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Who can I csll or write to at visa office?

Please use the link below to apply and he can apply even though he went back on a temporary basis.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/eligibility

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Where is the link for correct application

I've sent you it above however please see it agian below;

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How do we get this done quickly how fast can he get a visa is it faster doing presettlemdnt or returning home?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there anyone to speak with or write to in order to know that this presettlement eill work?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Would like to speak with immigration warrior again

To be honest once you make the application for the EU Settlement scheme it can take 4 - 6 weeks. If he returns back it can take roughly the same time.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am reading the presettled status site now and it does say one reason is that you were in il studying but you did not know you could soy do you think they will be okay eith thus?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’d it really that long the school said three to five days
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How can we get one faster
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you please answer me how can someone expedite the application and can immigration warrior call me again to explain filling out this visa form presettled status form

I suggest you apply for the pre-settled status.

Please press the phone request agian.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is no phone request to press
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I cannot see phone request button again but please call and I will pay

I am glad we were able to speak

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can an application be initiated now or does the pre-settle stays visa have to have been started before 31 December?

It can be started now, as he was in the UK prior to the 31st December 2020.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The school is saying it has to be started before 30 June, and they are saying you need strong evidence why but I just read reasons snd one is that the parents did not apply when he was a child is that all we have to say?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
If the school won’t accept this how do we get a student visa quickly ? I tried to fill out application and I got stuck with the biometric sign
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I need help filling out student visa can you please csll me I am stuck
On bro collection if he needs to go home to get his student visa how can he collect his brp in the Uk? Please csll me there is no phone button to
Press to call you***********
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you please help me fill out this application

Kindly note that he will need to return home to apply for the student visa and the application will need to completed.to state that he is out of the UK. Once the visa is granted then there will be a stamp in his Passport to allow him to come back to the UK and once inside the UK he collects the biometric card from the local designated Post office.

You will need to raise another question and then once I respond you can request the phone