How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2147
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I’ve been lining in the U.K. for 4 years in November. I

This answer was rated:

Hello I’ve been lining in the U.K. for 4 years in November. I moved here after hurricane Maria destroyed my home in Dominica with my great gran aunt who is now deceased (U.K. citizen). My father brought me to England and has never shown that he want to help with my papers…I’m now 19 and can’t work, I’ve finished year 10-13 in the U.K. but I’m unable to work and my living conditions is I’m not great…is there anyway I can send for my application without my fathers help??
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in England and yes I have gathered the money needed for my application with help from family but I’ve been told I need my father to naturalise in order for my application to b successful I am Dominican from the common wealth of Dominica
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: yes I have and they helped me gather the information needed but said I can’t send it off as my case is complicated this have taken a toil on my mental help and I don’t know what to do at this point
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i Can send u my immigration history letter if that helps

Good morning, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Unfortunately if you are to qualify through your British father for naturalisation you would require his help. If. Of then you may want to look at other visa routes such Skilled work visa if a company will be willing to give you a job

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good morning, oh okie what are the requirements for a skilled work visa?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
also how much will it cost me?

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa( previously known as Tier 2 work visa) you must:

work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office

have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK

do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations

be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I can cook and do hairdressing
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Also is there any site or lawyer that can help me find an employer

Lawyers will only do the legal side of the immigration application you can look at indeed or total job sites to see what appears.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have applied to 2 suitable jobs and briefly mention my status…I talk to immigration support an hour ago they said I’ll have to leave the country or get a sponsorship
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If I leave the country would I b able to come back?

When you leave the country if you are able to obtain sponsorship then you can make application to re-enter.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I won’t b able to get sponsorship even though I found one?

If you find one whilst in U.K.  you would need to make application from outside the U.K

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Oh okie thank you

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind


LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Absolutely great help!

Take care.