How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Immigration Warrior Your Own Question
Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1540
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Immigration Warrior is online now

I'm trying to find a lawyer in the basingstoke area that

This answer was rated:

I'm trying to find a lawyer in the basingstoke area that does legal aid I'm struggling to find one would you be able to point me in the right direction
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm Australian, I haven't filed any paperwork with the home office yet, I'm currently on immigration bail and need to get status back. Recently split with my wife and as I'm unable to work I can't afford legal assistance
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I have talked to quite a few but they all want fees that I can't afford. They all say il qualify for the fee waivers for my application but I can't afford there services
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I recently separated with my wife and was on a partner visa 10 year route but I now need to change visa routes to be able to stay here and be there for my 2 British children aged 7 and 5


Further to your question, unfortunately there is no Legal Aid for the type of application that you need to make. Legal Aid in Immigration matters is only available for Asylum or Domestic Violence.

You will need to make an FLR (FP) Application as the parent of a British National child. If you are destitute then you can apply for a fee waiver and I will send you the guidance shortly.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thankyou
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm sorry I can't afford the 44 pounds to talk to some one I'm really up against It financially


Please find enclosed the guidance to the fee waiver application.

Once the fee waiver is granted you can then make an application using the following link.

Kind Regards


My apologies, the phone call appears atomically and we have no control over the same.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thankyou for your response seems I was mis informed about the legal aid side of things.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How hard is it going to be for me to apply by myself and do you think il be successful

I am glad I could clarify that for you and you can apply yourself and as long as you follow the guidance and provide evidence of your children and that you have contact with them the application will be succesful.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok even though my ex is making it hard for me to see them at the moment? It was a messy break up

If your ex is making it difficult then you will need to approach a family solicitor and resume contact with the children otherwise the application will not be successful. The Home Office requires evidence that you play a role in your children's life.


Immigration Warrior and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am glad I was able to assist you today and all the best for the future. Many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website.