Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I was wondering whether I can work for an EU company(non-UK)

I was wondering whether I can work for an EU company(non-UK) with a tier 4 student visa remotely while physically in the UK.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: I have a tier 4 student visa which allows me to work 20 hours per week.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, I don't think so

Further to your question, I would like to confirm that you are able to work remotely for a company whilst you are on a Tier 4 visa subject to working for a maximum of 20 hours.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I am able to work. I just want to know if it is according with UKVI rules.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
No, I prefer to use chat
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Oh, sorry, you are confirming that I can work for an non-UK company?

Kindly note that the rules are silent in relation to the type of work you can undertake and therefore you woudl be comlpliant.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Do I need inform UKVI of my work, since they would not know that I am working remotely?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
The reason I am asking these questions is because the company is located in the EU and does not report to the UK.

Kindly note that UKVI do not need to be made aware of any employment, regardless of whether it is inside or outside the UK.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you. Final confirmation: when we talk about a non-UK company, we mean a company that is located and registered outside the UK. It also does not pay taxes to the UK.

That is correct. There is no requirement within the rules that you need to work for a UK Based company and furthermore in relation to your employment the UKVI will never question you in relation to the same.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for your help.

I am glad that I could assist you today and many thanks for visiting the JustAnswer website today and the Bonus.

All the best