How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2503
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am a british national, I am married to a Filipino, we are

Customer Question

I am a british national, I am married to a Filipino, we are currently in the UK with our daughter who was given a right of abode visa, she was born in the Philippines, my wife is pregnant and we intend for our new baby to be born in the UK. we want to understand the ability to convert my wife to a settlement / spousal visa, and get my daughter a British passport.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British, I have a full time job in the UK, actually that is the reason we have come to the UK, I am also a war pensioner. We have not started the process yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet - thats why I am. here
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I also have a medical condition that is deteriorating, it is a rare disease which is life threating
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
right now I am happy to get the answer in writing. Thanks
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

You can apply for spouse visa for your wife she would initially be granted 2.5 years then after 2.5 years renew her visa. After 5 years she can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

In order to qualify for a UK Spouse visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you meet the following requirements:

Your partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain;

You are both over the age of 18;

You have met in person and are legally married;

Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently;

Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;

You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;

There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;

You speak and understand English to the required level - A1 IELTS Life Skills Listening and Speaking

TB Certificate

Accommodation survey report

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

You can use pension to meet the financial requirement.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

What date did your daughter enter the U.K.?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
my daughter entered the UK on the 13th Nov 2021, we all did, My wife is on a tourist visa now - can she change her visa while we are in the UK?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
we have seen that she needs to be out of the country to apply for a spousal visa
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately she must apply from Philippines for the spouse visa. When was your daughter born?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
she was born in the Philippines, is that a possibility to apply from the UK due to medical reasons?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 21 days ago.

I am aware the date she was born.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
my daughter was born on the 02 may 2016, we have been married since 2010 june, we have lived together in PNG, Australia and USA as husband and wife, moving to the Philippines in 2016, now I need to return to the UK for work and health reason
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
is this an area that you specialise in? if so is it possible to look at this on a more direct basis, a regular lawyer client relationship?