How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10303
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I am applying for a Croatian passport using my grandparent’s

Customer Question

Hello, I am applying for a Croatian passport using my grandparent’s birth certificates. I am a UK citizen and am not sure whether or not I need to get my birth certificate translated into Croatian as well as getting it legalised. Do you know the answer to this?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: made an appointment at the Croatian embassy for a passport application and am a permanent resident in the UK from birth. My grandparents were born in Croatia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: i don’t want a green card
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Yes it needs to be translated and certified by a notary public. I trust this assists