Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I am on Tier 2 visa, hoping to apply for my ILR once I

Customer Question

Hi.. I am on Tier 2 visa, hoping to apply for my ILR once I complete 5 years . I have so far only completed 3 years, my question is I am currently on my maternity leave- how long can I stay out of country at once , so that it doesnt effect my ILR application and is it advisable to stay away for 2 months at once during my maternity leave. Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: Tier 2 general
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I will be assisting with your question today. Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. Thank you!

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 12 days ago.

Please ignore any phone call request pop-up if you do not wish a telephone consultation, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 12 days ago.

An applicant must not be absent (that is, outside the UK) for more than 180 days in any 12-month period unless the absences are for permitted reasons.

Maternity Leave is not one of the permitted reasons at present, unfortunately.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 12 days ago.

staying away for 2 months should not be a problem when applying for ILR.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 12 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you for using our services.