How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2455
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I applied for British citizenship through marriage, my

Customer Question

I applied for British citizenship through marriage, my application was approved in June. In July we moved to the USA for my British husband's job. I flew back to the UK in October to attend my ceremony. Kingston Council has my certificate. They have said I can pick it up in person but they would need authorisation from the Home Office to have it mailed to my new residence in the USA. I have tried various numbers to talk to someone at the Home office, but haven't managed to talk to the right person to authorise this. Do you have the phone number of who to talk to? or can an immigration lawyer help me out? Many thanks, ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes, have file all my paperwork. Started the process in the UK. I'm a US citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've completed the ceremony.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Lawyer Ak and I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Great. Thanks.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

The home office are not a calling department therefore you can write to the naturalisation team. The address would be on approval letter.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay. I'll try writing. Appreciate your help.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Kind regards.