How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1080
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I have a small import/wholesale business and considering

Customer Question

I have a small import/wholesale business and considering employing someone on the government visa sponsorship scheme.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am uk based and citizen. i have not started the process
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Solicitor, QA replied 13 days ago.


I am a Solicitor and I will be respoding to your question today .

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just need to know if it is feasible/achievable for a small private limited company to use the sponsored visa route to employ someone from abroad? The company specialises in exotic hardwoods imported from Southern Africa and Central America. The individual in question is required to continue the sourcing and procurement of materials from these areas as this is essential to the sustainability of the company. The current owner, who is responsible for this tasking is 68 years old and looking to going into semi retirement. The applicant has hands on experience but there is no formal qualification for this type of position.